Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy to be in the details

You know the old saying, right?  It is all in the details.  Well, there is a lot more than 'it', let me tell you.  There is 'this' and 'that' and 'just one more thing' and probably a thousand other little items that need to be done.  I think that is where the rubber meets the road in community theatre.  If you can handle it, you will always have something to do in community theatre.  If not, it was nice working with you, hope to see you again.

We see people who need a break, people who just want to be involved with the shows on their personal bucket list, people who come in for just this one show, because it is their favorite and our community happens to be doing it.  We see so many, many different types of people take part in so many ways; some never leave.  That is the community that DLO grows.

For me - I love figuring out the details, being involved in them all, doing as much as possible.  The only thing I don't get to do enough...sing!  Isn't that funny?  But it's more than OK.  I get to enjoy all the amazing voices that step out from the curtain.  I get to find ways to make them better through running sound, or add to their song while playing in the orchestra.

We each have something to give and I am thinking RENT is going to stretch us all and introduce us to some new passerby's.  I hope we can find a way to make them a more permanent part of the community of DLO.  There is so much to do.  I get to work with some awesome people who all have one goal and all are part of the machine that makes it happen.

We will be at auditions in just a few days and the magic will once again start to happen.  The details will become clearer and will become many, but they are not all on my shoulder, so I am happy to be in the midst of them with my friends.  Now off to check some of them off my list so we can have auditions!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and PERFECT words Jenny! Bravo! THIS one really explains what we are all about!

    ReplyDelete